Everyone can be clumsy, even the most conscientious person can lost their phone sometimes. So before any trouble happen, here is some tips we can give to you!. Google’s service formerly referred to as Android Device Manager can help you discover your lost or stolen android devices. With the rebranding Google’s Find My Device, you can easily find android device and track it. Google’s Find My Device functions similarly to various other locator services like Samsung’s Find My Mobile.
Now let’s begin our ‘treasure hunt’:
ACTIVATE THE SETTINGS
The first thing to do is to log in into your google account and have the location attribute switched on. You have to make sure to do this even before you download the app. If you lost your gadget before you do this, the app won’t help you find android device. However, some phones have security feature to prevent the wipe feature to working. Here is to make sure the feature to work:
- For Newer Android: Go to the Settings > Google > Security. Under the Android Device Manager section, the locator attribute should be allowed by default. To enable remote data wipe, tap the slider beside ‘Allow Remote Lock and Erase’.
- For Older Android: Go to the Google Settings app, and also after that tap on the Android Device Manager. To enable remote information clean, tap on the box alongside ‘Allow Remote Factory Reset’, after that touch Activate.
Once your phone go missing out, you could track its location and lock or remove it.
Download to Find Android Device
When your gadget is missing, use other gadget to install the ‘Find My Device’ Application in the Play Store. Make sure to download one with the “Google Inc.” as the Dev. Then, log in with your Google account. You might obtain a prompt asking you for authorization to permit Find My Device to use area data to find android device. Click Accept to continue.
When you’re logged in, a dashboard will certainly stand out up that shows you where your phone is so you can find android device and numerous alternatives:
- Area: The area of your Android gadget will appear instantly on the map, together with the battery degree, info on whether your phone is online and also when it was last located. You can see the detail place by zooming it in and out.
- Play Sound: Instead of having somebody call your phone to help you locate it. You can ring your gadget from the application by pushing the Play Sound button. This will ring your device for 5 mins at the highest volume, even if it’s in silent or vibration mode.
- Lock: The lock option can be beneficial if you desire to lock your Android gadget so no one could access your data while you’re attempting to recover your lost Gadget. To secure your tool, click the Lock option. Enter your new password two times, including a call number for anybody who may locate your phone and afterwards touch the Lock switch. It will directly lock your gadget even if someone using it.
- Eliminate Data: If you believe you’ve lost your gadget for good and want to shield your personal data, what you can do is to force a factory reset by choosing the Erase option. But, the remote factory reset may not wipe external SD memory. When your gadget has been wiped, you will certainly no longer be able to gain access to it from the app.
So, that’s all for our tips on how to find android device that you lost. We are sure that you must be take care of your gadget, but crime is everywhere and regret is the last thing we want to feel. This ‘Find My Device’ App could help you to find android device and locate your gadget and secure your data, but if you think it might be stolen, let the cops do their job to help to retrieve it.